Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Excuse me for ranting..

This has been long time coming. I'm sure all my friends will be thankful that I've chosen to vent on my blog instead of to them. This is because, all of my close friends have naturally straight hair. They don't understand the challenges of naturally curly hair. Before I decided that I cared more about the look of my hair than the health of it & bought a Chi straightener; it took a good hour to straighten my hair. I only wish I was exaggerating. So, here it goes..

First; I have exhibits A & B:

Of course, I choose two photos that were captured on "good" hair days. It was sad that I had to look through six facebook albums to find four options. To help my ranting, I am going to use Curly Hair Problems.

Let's start with:
Believe me, I'd love to not have to take a shower four hours before I have to leave, but:
Blow drying is NOT an option, period. At least not for me. There would be the option of leaving the house with my hair wet, but that can't happen for a list of reasons:
 In summary:
There's only one problem with sticking to the same routine:
This ticks me off more than anything! Garnier Fructis "Wonder Waves" mousse was my miracle in a bottle, keyword WAS. I am now completely out of it & can't find it anywhere! I have been boycotting wearing my hair curly (like that's going to help anything) because I am tired of spending way too much money on products that don't work!!
So, there is the option of straightening it; and it only takes about a half an hour with my Chi, but (you felt that one coming, huh?):
Which basically means I wasted that half hour of my life. 
A few more reasons:
Here's the bottom line:

For those of you still here; thanks for listening. I'm better now!

2 comments:

  1. boy you didn't lie when you said long vent. haha. i used to have curls so i could relate a tad but pregnancy changed my hair; poo. its worth it though because i only waste 5 minutes of my life straightening it wit a MINI chi. i think i have some wonder waves you can have. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey where have you been? Tag you're it! go to my blog and play along! =] maybe this will kick you in the butt to get back to blogging.
    -chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...