Thursday, February 2, 2012

Change of Plans.

Sadly enough, the Florida road trip had to be called off. One of my fellow road tripper's uncle died and she wouldn't have been back in time for the funeral. Hopefully we'll be able to get something together for Spring Break. We decided we all still needed a mini-getaway though; so we'll be traveling to Cincinnati for the weekend. It's not Florida; but I still think we'll have a blast.

Today I've thought a lot about my family. This was probably brought on by the family outing I attended yesterday. I really feel that my family is the greatest blessing I could have ever received. My dad's side of the family is so close. Throughout elementary school, my weekends were spent with my then three cousins and my sister. Whether we were at my house or at theirs, we were together. We have a bond that I feel some sisters and brothers aren't lucky enough to have. As we've grown up we've went our separate ways, but that's not kept us from staying close to one another. In middle school two more cousins were added to the mix; and that completed my grandma's seven grandchildren, her pride and joy. I predict you'll be hearing a lot about her in later posts; so be ready. For now, I'll tell you just one of the ba-gillion amazing things about her. She cooks every Sunday for her entire family; that includes her four children, seven grandchildren, her four great grandchildren, and whoever we decide to bring along. No, we all can't always make it; but that doesn't stop her. So most every Sunday, I get to spend time with the people I love most. It's such a great way to start the week. I won't lie, I look forward to the food too :). 

I guess that will be enough rambling for today. I've got packing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...