Sunday, February 5, 2012

two days & five hundred miles later..

Home again. I feel like I've been in a car for days. Oh wait, I have. I enjoyed myself though. To recap; the first stop was Premium Outlets.


Ha, actually I was proud of myself. I spent under one-hundred dollars; got a pair of slacks, a sweater, and a Coach wrist-let! Then it was on to Dave & Busters. Julia had never been, so it was definitely a must.


If I wouldn't have been starving I might have thought to take a picture of my humongous, delicious meal before hand (that bowl of onion "frizzles" was full and there were potato skins). And yes, that is every bit mine! I couldn't decide. But.. being the savvy saver that I am; ALL of that cost under fifteen dollars. I know right, look at me! Too bad immediately following this I wasted twenty-two dollars playing games for.. a shot glass that looks like a mug. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. Then it was on to Sam's cousin's house.. and my turn to drive.


I hope you can feel the sarcasm. That's like my biggest pet peeve EVER. And, it happened like ten times in the forty-five minutes that I drove. So we finally make it to Sam's cousin's. We're pulling in and Julia gets out to open the gate. Sam and I are just making a little small talk (and I quote)
Me: The house looks really nice.
Sam: Look at the one on the hill, its humongous (okay I don't think that was her exact choice of words.. but moving on)
Me: Umm, Sam I think that's your cousin's house.. and that's the barn. (what I thought was the house)
Okay, that really doesn't do it justice. It was hilarious. Once we made it past the barn to the house; we had the tour. Their home may have been the closest I'll ever get to my dream home, but I'm hopeful. Anything short of beautiful would be an understatement. They were the sweetest people. We talked with them for awhile, then it was off to bed. We woke up and it was snowing. Which meant, it was time to head South.


This was pretty much how we all felt coming home. I guess Geoffrey Garmin (the GPS) decided we needed to take the scenic route, which in my opinion wasn't too "scenic". We didn't see an interstate until we were back in Kentucky. Having a lead foot doesn't even begin to describe Julia's driving habits; and I was pretty much convinced I'd be meeting my maker before we hit the state line. But here I am, alive and well; and for some reason still awake. I really need to start working on my sleeping habits. I guess there's no better time than the present.

2 comments:

  1. glad you girls had a safe trip. i have never been to dave and busters either. we need to go sometime. double date! =] did you win the shot glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i looked up locations right after i posted that comment. but who cares road trip! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...